Please bring the content of this circular to the attention of all Civil Servants for voluntary compliance
Federal Civil Servants interested in participating in the FISH Programme towards owning their homes are by this circular invited to:
- Register as a member of the FISH Cooperative;
- Complete FISH house allocation form;
- Save towards 5-15% equity contribution towards mortgage financing;
- Pre-qualify for mortgage approval with primary mortgage institutions especially Federal Housing Authority Homes; and
- Apply for housing loan from the Federal Staff Housing Loans Board;o evolve the best strategy including use of modern technology to facilitate delivery of affordable housing..
Consequently, application Forms can be obtained from the Director of Human Resources in the respective MDAs, respective Union leaders, FISH Secretariat in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, and Forms can also be downloaded from the website of fish-p.gov.ng. Enquiries can also be directed to Federal Digital Service Centre on www.digitalservice.gov.ng.
FISH programme was designed to provide affordable housing for federal civil servants through an integrated strategy involving group land acquisition, site services, infrastructure development, inter-ministerial collaboration, utilization of expertise among civil servants, support from federal and state governments, federal agencies and parastatal, structured and syndicated construction and mortgage financing, goodwill of socially responsible corporations and philanthropists, and strategic partnerships with private developers, international development agencies and multilateral institutions.
The inter-ministerial FISH Implementation Committee set up by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation concluded arrangements for the ground-breaking ceremony of the Federal Civil Servants’ Housing Estate of 1000 units low cost houses of different categories at Apo Extension, Abuja in partnership with ABSI and Lafarge.