In pursuit if the Federal Government’s desire to improve the welfare and morale of federal civil servants and in particular their housing needs, the Head of Civil Service of the Federation initiated the Federal Integrated Staff Housing (FISH) Programme and inaugurated an inter-ministerial implementation committee in December 2015.
FISH programme was designed to provide affordable housing for federal civil servants through an integrated strategy involving group land acquisition, site services, infrastructure development, inter-ministerial collaboration, utilization of expertise among civil servants, support from federal and state governments, federal agencies and parastatal, structured and syndicated construction and mortgage financing, goodwill of socially responsible corporations and philanthropists, and strategic partnerships with private developers, international development agencies and multilateral institutions.
The inter-ministerial FISH Implementation Committee set up by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation concluded arrangements for the ground-breaking ceremony of the Federal Civil Servants’ Housing Estate of 1000 units low cost houses of different categories at Apo Extension, Abuja in partnership with ABSI and Lafarge.
Similar projects are also being planned for other locations in Abuja and all the states of the federation. Requests for land allocation has been forwarded to the Federal Capital Territory and the 36 states of the federation.
FISH programme has also received the support of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR and the Vice President, Executive Governors, Honourable Ministers, federal government agencies, socially responsible corporations and philanthropies, bilateral and multilateral institutions. A lot of support is still required to be able to deliver affordable housing to the generality of civil servants. Support in terms of intervention fund, construction and mortgage finance at single digit interest rate are very paramount to the success of this programme.
We are therefore using this medium to solicit the financial, material, logistic and professional support of well meaning individuals and organization for this important programme.
To enable improved access to acquisition of real estate property by Civil Servants, through an integrated strategy involving bulk land allocation, site services, infrastructure development and inter-ministerial collaboration.
- The functions of the Federal Integrated Staff Housing Department under the Director FISH are as follows:
- To collect, collate process accurate and measurable date for management of the FISH programme;
- To process and verify records , classify documents ,store , update and retrieve database and ICT Management ;
- To galvanize skills and expertise for technical and professional project evaluation and management ;
- To mobilize and source Mortgage and Construction Finances through partners and sponsors for the delivery of affordable housing to off-takers;
- To sustain a Cooperative and Administrative Management infrastructure , Site and Services Management System;
- To provide day-to-day administration and secretariat support for the FISH programme ;
- To organize stakeholders engagement through seminars , workshops and housing summits;
- To create awareness and sensitize members of FISH Cooperative Society Limited and the general public on the policies and programme of FISH;
- To provide an effective and interactive interface between the department and desk officers in the Ministries , Department and Agencies (MDAs);
- To carry out research and disseminate the result / outcome to strategic partners and end-users of FISH products; and