Ref: HCSF/CSO/POL/191/1 26th July, 2016
The Chief of Staff to the President, C-in-C,
The Deputy Chief of Staff to the Vice President,
The Chief Justice of Nigeria,
All Honorable Ministers/ Ministers of State,
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation,
Service Chiefs / Inspector-General of Police,
Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria,
Chairman, Federal Civil Service Commission,
Chairman, Police Service Commission,
Chairman, Code of Conduct Bureau,
Chairman, Code of Conduct Tribunal,
Chairman, Federal Character Commission,
Chairman, Revenue Mobilization, Allocation & Fiscal Commission,
Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission,
Chairman, National Population Commission,
Chairman, Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission,
Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service,
Chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency,
Clerk of the National Assembly,
Secretary, National Judicial Council,
Auditor-General of the Federation,
Accountant-General of the Federation,
Surveyor-General of the Federation,
Chief Executives of Parastatals and Agencies,
Head of Extra-Ministerial Departments.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR FEDERAL CIVIL SERVANTS UNDER THE FEDERAL INTEGRATED STAFF HOUSING PROGRAMME
- In pursuit of the Federal Government’s desire to improve the welfare and moral of Federal Civil Servants and in particular their housing needs, the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation initiated the Federal Integrated Staff Housing (FISH) Programme and inaugurated an Inter-Ministerial Implementation Committee in December, 2015 to address the housing deficits among Civil Servants.
- FISH programme was designed to provide affordable housing through integrated strategy Involving group lad acquisition, inter-ministerial collaboration, utilization of expertise among Civil Servants, support from Federal and State Governments, Federal Agencies and Parastatals, structured and syndicated construction and mortgage financing, goodwill of socially responsible corporations and philanthropists, and strategic partnership with private developers, international development agencies and multilateral institutions.
- The inter-ministerial FISH Implementation Committee set up by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has concluded arrangements for the ground breaking ceremony of the first ever Federal Civil Servants Housing Estate of 1000 units’ low cost houses of different categories at Apo Tafyi Extension in Apo District, Abuja. Similar projects are also being Planned for other locations in Abuja and all the states of the Federation.
- Federal Civil Servants interested in participating in the FISH Programme towards owning their homes are by this circular invited to:
- Register as a member of the FISH Cooperative;
- Complete FISH house allocation form;
- Save towards 5-15% equity contribution towards mortgage financing;
- Prequalify for mortgage approval with primary mortgage institutions especially Federal Housing Authority Homes; and
- Apply for housing loan from the Federal Staff Housing Loans Board;
- Consequently, application Forms can be obtained from the Director of Human Resources in the respective MDAs, respective Union leaders, FISH Secretariat in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, and Forms can also be downloaded from the website of fish-p.gov.ng. Enquiries can also be directed to Federal Digital Service Centre on www.digitalservice.gov.ng.
- Please bring the content of this circular to the attention of all Civil Servants for voluntary compliance.
Mrs. Winifred E. Oyo-Ita, FCA
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation